Wednesday, November 5, 2008

RM#2 : Day 5 Carrot Dosai

We are always on the look out for a change in everything. Especially this holds true for food. That is why keep on trying so many different combinations and then stick to the one we like. One of these trials made this is "Carrot Dosai" feature in our cooking timetable very often. It is very healthy and tasty.
Carrot Dosai
Ingredients
Raw Rice - 1 Cup
Boiled Rice - 1/4 cup
Carrot - 3/4 cup
Red Chillies - 5
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 t.sp
Onion - 1 medium
Tamarind - small lemon size
Salt to taste

Method
Wash and soak both the rices together for about 2 to 3 hrs. Peel the carrot and onion, chop them and grind them in a mixer along with cumin seeds and tamarind. Grind the rice slowly adding this mixture instead of water. Add water if required. Add salt. Mix the batter nicely.
Heat a tawa and brush it with oil. When the tawa is medium hot pour the batter in the centre of the tawa. And spread it using the back of the ladle in circular motion. Cook on both the sides. Serve hot with chutney/sambhar.
Very easy and delicious dosa ready in a jiffy. Do not store this batter for a long time, as far as possible use it immediatly.

Thanks for letting me know about the JFI, Rekha. Sure I am sending it to this event. Nowadays so busy admist these postings and the children I am not able to look for the new events coming up. But still very excited about doing it. Keeps me on the go with full petrol (I mean the lovely comments you give make me keep running with full tempo. ) If anybody knows about the events pl. do inform me or a single place where I can find the events to participate. Thank you to all for you support.

So serving dosa to the JFI : Carrot event hosted by "The Cooker"
and
To Saapadu Ready event hosted by Aartee of From the Kitchen

And lets see what are my co-runners preparing today.

1) DK

2) Siri

3) Srivalli

4) Ranji

5)PJ

6)Curry Leaf

7)Medha

8)Priya

9)Bhawna

10)Raaji

11)Ruchii

12)Anu

13)Kamala

14)Roopa

15)Divya Kudua

16)Rekha

17)Divya M

18)Lakshmi

19)Raaga

20)Lakshmi Venkatesh

21)Sripriya

22)Viji

23)Kamalika

24)Pavani

30 comments:

  1. Carrot dosai look so pretty with its bright orange-yellow colour..great way to introduce carrots into your diet..love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely dosa and thank you also for visiting and liking my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that colour of that dosa, beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. That colour is amazing. My MIL makes this often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow wat a eye catching colour...beautiful Lakshmi..

    ReplyDelete
  6. dosa is something one can experiment with different stuffs..carrot dosa is new..looks good...would definitely want to try ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow... looks really yummy & delicious... tempeting & mouth watering...

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is one bright and healthy dosai. Looks great. Will try it out soon

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey dosa looks so nice .rich color......will try

    ReplyDelete
  10. i have never had carrot dosai .. looks very colorful

    ReplyDelete
  11. I made chutney with carrot recently..This looks bright and colorful..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks lovely Lakshmi, nice color:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. have a little something something in my site for u. check it out

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the color of the dosa.. so pretty.. u r very creative girl!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Lakshmi, Your carrot dosa looks so vibrant. the color is so captivating:) Actually what is this marathon? please do explain. I saw it in Srivalli's blog too but did not understand.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, carrot dosa looks so colorful. A healthy way to cook dosa! You have a lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely colour it has, very creative. Like carrot dosa.

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the color and so healthy too

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a new twist to the normal dosa.....very interesting and very nice color.

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow carrot dosa loooooooooooks yummmmmmmmy. I wish I wud have been there to eat this :). tempting :).

    ReplyDelete
  21. Colourful and healthy.Tempting me .......

    ReplyDelete
  22. hmm, Carrot Dosai? Sounds very interesting and healthy! My first time here and love your recipes.. Thanks for stopping by my blog too and leaving your comments :) Will visit your place often.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow nice color hey send this too JFI this month it is carrot (if u like

    ReplyDelete
  24. it looks really yummy and colurful...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thats really awesome! yummy too...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Dose color looks cool Lakshmi, loved pesarattu also..

    ReplyDelete
  27. wonderful recipe. I'm going to try this for my daughter who is 1.5 yrs old. I have created a food blog. please have a look and give your comments if you happen to visit

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your valuable time to go through my blog.
Your comments, feedback, suggestions are most valuable to me. It keeps me going.
If you have any queries please leave it here. I will try to answer it as soon as possible.

Sheermal

Sheermal or Shirmal is a saffron-flavored slightly sweet traditional leavened flatbread that is found in various countries on the Asian sub...