Wednesday, November 12, 2008

RM#2 : Day 12 Pav Bhaaji

Pav Bhaji is a bombay special. My husband loves it. Whenever we visit my mom's place in Mumbai my husband insists on going to hotel for Pav Bhaaji. Otherwise we like to have home-made Pav Bhaaji. I make it very often, twice a month. Pav-bhaaji is one of the very few dishes that has no clash of likes and dislikes in our house. Otherwise it is always one says "i like this" and then the other one will "I like that".

All have their own version of making Pav-Bhaaji. So here I present my version.

Pav-Bhaaji
Ingredients
Potato - 1/4 kg
(Boiled, peeled and smashed)
Boiled Veggies - 1 cup (Cauliflower, beans, carrot, green peas, beetroot etc)
(the veggies are your choice and what you have in ur fridge)
Tomato - 4 big (pureed)
Capsicum - 1 big
Red Chilli Powder - 1 1/2 t.sp
Pav Bhaaji Masala - 1 1/2 t.sp
Ginger-Garlic Paste - 1 t.sp
Salt to taste
Butter/Oil
Finely Chopped Onion for garnishing.
Lemons cut into half
Method
While boiling the veggies add salt to the water. Don't throw of the cooked water, use it when you need to add water. Smash all the veggies and keep aside. Heat butter/oil in a kadai. Put the ginger-garlic paste in the hot oil and fry for a min. Add the onions and fry till translucent. Toss in the diced capsicum and saute for a minute. Pour in the tomato puree and add salt, red chilli powder. Mix well and let the mixture boil. Once the raw smell of tomato is gone add the boiled and smashed veggies and stir for a minute. Then add the smashed(without lumps) potato, stir the mixture and let it boil. Add water if required. Add the pav-bhaaji masala let it boil for sometime about 2 to 3 min. Serve hot with Toasted Butter Pavs and with onion and lemon.

Check out what the other RM runners are cooking today.
1) DK

2) Siri

3) Srivalli

4) Ranji

5)PJ

6)Curry Leaf

7)Medha

8)Priya

9)Bhawna

10)Raaji

11)Ruchii

12)Anu

13)Kamala

14)Roopa

15)Divya Kudua

16)Rekha

17)Divya M

18)Lakshmi

19)Raaga
 
20)Sripriya

21)Viji

22)Kamalika

23)Pavani






15 comments:

  1. Bright color of bhaji makes me hungry. Looks gr8.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wow..wat a colour..looks simply delicious...would love to finish them rite now..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pav bhaji is truly a crowd pleaser,looks yum...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pav Bhajji what a snack!! I wish i could have some right this minute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Pav Bhaji with lots of butter. Love your picture

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks too inviting! my favorite chaat food!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will have pav bhajji any time, nice pics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hmmm everyone's fav isn't it..i am no exception. love those pav buns.. they are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am drooling,right now.No words for pav bhaji :P :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely color Lakshmi..My daughter's fav

    ReplyDelete
  11. pav bhaji is my favourite. lovely color and looks sooooo tempting. perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey you are from Aamchi Mumbai.....dats gr8 to know...:)
    Pav Bhaaji is all time fav....urs look yumm and mouth watering...

    ReplyDelete
  13. aww..its been ages since I had pav bajji..looks very tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Join in the Sweet Event going in my blog!
    http://srishkitchen.blogspot.com/2008/11/efm-event-for-month-november-with-theme.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your valuable time to go through my blog.
Your comments, feedback, suggestions are most valuable to me. It keeps me going.
If you have any queries please leave it here. I will try to answer it as soon as possible.

Sheermal

Sheermal or Shirmal is a saffron-flavored slightly sweet traditional leavened flatbread that is found in various countries on the Asian sub...