Sunday, November 30, 2008

RM#2 : Day 30 Kesari

Today is the last day for RM#2. So like it was planned I am also posting a sweet dish today. Kesari a very easy sweet dish. And I make it when I get guests all of a sudden and I don't have any specific ingredients to prepare any special sweets, then I prefer to prepare kesari. It consumes less time and is requires very common ingredients also.

Kesari
Rawa (Sooji) - 1 cup
Ghee - 11/2 cup
Water - 2 cup
Sugar - 11/2 cup (or less)
Cashew nuts, Raisins
Elaichi powder - 1/4 t.sp
Food colouring - 1/4 t.sp

Method
Heat 1 t.sp ghee in a non-stick kadai. Fry the cashewnuts and raisins and keep it aside. Now add the rest of the ghee. And when the ghee is hot put in the sooji. And fry in medium heat till light pink in colour. Heat the water simultaneously in another vessel. When the water starts boiling add it to the roasted sooji. Add the orange food colouring. Let it cook. When the water is all gone, add the sugar and keep stirring till the kesari leaves the edges. Add the roasted cashewnuts and raisins and elaichi powder. Serve hot.

Don't forget to check out what my other co-runners have prepared specially for the last day of RM#2.

1) DK

2) Siri

3) Srivalli

4) Ranji

5)PJ

6)Curry Leaf

7)Medha

8)Priya

9)Bhawna

10)Raaji

11)Ruchii

12)Anu

13)Kamala

14)Roopa

15)Divya Kudua

16)Rekha

17)Divya M

18)Lakshmi

19)Raaga

20)Sripriya

21)Viji

22)Kamalika

23)Pavani

24)Karuna

25)Roochi

31 comments:

  1. Lovely and mouthwatering kesari.Nice finish to the RM.
    Hope u r safe in Mumbai.I am sorry my helping steps in publishing were not of any use.Deeply Sorry for that Lakshmi.:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. My all time fav...Happy to run along with u guys...Hope u r safe in Mumbai...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful colour, very nice sweet dish to end the RM.
    Felt very sad, about the happenings in Mumbai, hope you are doing ok...Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colour and looks yumm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful color! I love this kesari bhaat. I don't add color but add a little edible camphor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow what a colour lakshmi very beautiful I hope u r safe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow my fav sweet..What a color Lakshmi..I admire all your pics..Really wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful color.
    but Laxmi i have doubt?
    did You add 1 1/2 cup ghee for 1 cup sujji?

    ReplyDelete
  9. colurful n yummy kesari... i loved it very much yaar...

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey, Lovely kesari color!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Lakshmi, this is such a nice sweet dish! Love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this looks so wonderful!
    BTW, There is something for you at my blog, please come and collect it...

    ReplyDelete
  13. colorful kesari love to have it..... Thnaks for visiting my blog and lets continue it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. waw look at that kesari, it is drool worthy!
    BTW how do you guyz post everyday, it is so time comsuming right?

    ReplyDelete
  15. There is something new and spl in my blog waiting for yr arrival dear....

    ReplyDelete
  16. The kesari looks yum,loved the color :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. delicious and a good presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That looks colourful and lovely! Congrats on completing RM.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wishing you and ur family Happy and Prosperous New Year

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi, Long time where r u? No updates from you? Recipe looks mouth watering. Yummy Click...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Woooooo, I am drooling, melt in mouth kind of kesari, count me in. Awesome picture.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks wonderful,i love the color.Y dont u send this to FIC yellow hosted by sunshinemom.

    ReplyDelete
  23. hey lakkshmi,this is me trying for a longggggggggggggg time to post a comment and i dunno some error occurs...pls chk it lakshmi
    -Ramya Bala

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you all for your delicious tasty comments and valuable time.

    ReplyDelete
  25. love the kesari! looks very tempting and nice color..

    ReplyDelete
  26. very yummy looking kesari Lakshmi

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hai Laksmi,
    Happy to go through your blog.fanatastic as I am interested in preparing various dishes of Tamilnadu.
    I am living in France for the past five years.Always I follow the receipe from the following link. arusuvai.com. This night I happened to get your website.
    Continue the good work that you do.All the best.
    I shall try some of the receipes from your blog.
    With all good wishes
    Punita

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your valuable time to go through my blog.
Your comments, feedback, suggestions are most valuable to me. It keeps me going.
If you have any queries please leave it here. I will try to answer it as soon as possible.

Sheermal

Sheermal or Shirmal is a saffron-flavored slightly sweet traditional leavened flatbread that is found in various countries on the Asian sub...