Monday, November 17, 2008

RM#2 : Day 17 Onion Pakodas

Onion Pakodas are very famous in India. Each and every street will have a shop making bajjis and pakodas. Pakodas and bhajjis are every ones favourite. My mother used to make these every saturday for my us and my father.

Onion pakodas on a cold winter evening will taste like heaven.

Ingredients
Onions - 2 big
(Chop it lengthwise)
Gram Flour - 1/4 cup
Rice Flour - 4 tb.sp
Red Chilli Powder - 2 t.sp
Salt to taste
Curry leaves - optional

Method
Mix all the ingredients together. Keep on kneading it till the onion leaves out water. If you feel you need more water add very little. Heat oil in a pan. And put the onion mix in the oil in a sprinkling fashion. (I mean do not put the onions like big big lumps). Fry till it is done. Serve hot.

Check out what the other RM runners are cooking today.
1) DK

2) Siri

3) Srivalli

4) Ranji

5)PJ

6)Curry Leaf

7)Medha

8)Priya

9)Bhawna

10)Raaji

11)Ruchii

12)Anu

13)Kamala

14)Roopa

15)Divya Kudua

16)Rekha

17)Divya M

18)Lakshmi

19)Raaga

20)Sripriya

21)Viji

22)Kamalika

23)Pavani

24)Karuna

25)Roochi

7 comments:

  1. lovely, onion pakodas are sooo tasty with tea. sunday night we had this and tea for dinner :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Onion pakodas!! Just perfect for evenings...

    ReplyDelete
  3. my goodness! it has come out so crunchy..

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many people have made this and now I want it and I also want a cup of tea. Looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pass over,looks crispy.lovely with tea

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your valuable time to go through my blog.
Your comments, feedback, suggestions are most valuable to me. It keeps me going.
If you have any queries please leave it here. I will try to answer it as soon as possible.

Sheermal

Sheermal or Shirmal is a saffron-flavored slightly sweet traditional leavened flatbread that is found in various countries on the Asian sub...