Friday, November 14, 2008

RM#2 : Day 14 German Feld Salad & Award Times.


Feld Salad also called as Corn Salad/Lambs Lettuce. This is a new leaf to me. Saw it first time after coming here. And I tasted it when my neighbour gave me a salad made with it. Since then I also make this salad very often for my children. Their favourite. Though used raw, this leaf has a special taste, which makes a good salad. Googled for it in Wikipedia and found the names of it in other languages too.
ENGLISH : Common corn salad, Cornsalad, European cornsalad, Field salad, Lamb's lettuce, Milk grass, Smooth-fruited milk grass.
FRENCH : Douchette, Mâche, Mâche potagère, Valérianelle.
GERMAN : Ackersalat, Echter Feldsalat, Gewöhnlicher Feldsalat, Nüsslisalat (Switzerland), Nüsslisalat Feldsalat , Rapunzel, Salat-Rapünzchen, Sonnenwirbele, Vogerlsalat (Austria).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corn_salad

So here is the recipe for the healthy salad
Ingredients
Feld Salad - 250 gms
Juice of 1 Lemon
Salt
Sugar
Olive Oil - 1 t.sp
Method
Pluck them from their stems. Wash the leaves. And dry them with a cloth. Prepare the dressing. Add all the other ingredients. And shake well. Add it to the cleaned leaves and mix well. The salad is ready to be served.

Lets see what the other RM runners are cooking today.
1) DK

2) Siri

3) Srivalli

4) Ranji

5)PJ

6)Curry Leaf

7)Medha

8)Priya

9)Bhawna

10)Raaji

11)Ruchii

12)Anu

13)Kamala

14)Roopa

15)Divya Kudua

16)Rekha

17)Divya M

18)Lakshmi

19)Raaga

20)Sripriya

21)Viji

22)Kamalika

23)Pavani

24)Karuna

25)Roochi

It has been raining awards for sometime here.
Purva Desai of Purva's Daawat has honoured me with the Hard Working Award and The Inspiration Award
Ramya of Ramya's Kitchen Corner has honoured me with the Friendship Award
Priya of Priya's Easy N Tasty Recipes has honoured me with the Friendship Award, Kreativ Blogger Award, and Great Buddy Award

Divya of Divyaseasyrecipes and Priya have tagged me for Meme. Will do it soon dears.
So you see I feel so very very honoured. I am feeling like I am souring very high up in the sky out of happiness. Thanks to all of you. These awards mean a lot me.

I would like to pass these awards to
Mahimaa of Indian Vegeterian Kitchen.
Harini of Tougueticklers.
And to all OUR RM#2 Runners 

17 comments:

  1. Mache salad looks colourful n delish..congrats on ur award lakshmi..wishing u more n more..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salad sounds yuuuummmmy dear. And Congratulations on all your Awards. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this salad leaf either! Congrats and thanks for passing them to me, buddy:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salad is lovely...and congrats on your awards too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow.. looks nice & healthy salad..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Salads are always healthy

    ReplyDelete
  7. congratulations on the awards and thanks for passing it along. never heard of german field salad - very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very easy to make this.. i think adding some more veggies will add more flavor to it..

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey thank u so much for the award.. appreciate it..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Greens looks so refreshing..nice salad.

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice salad. and congrats on ure awards

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thats a quick fix salad!!!Congrats on ur award and thanks for passing it on..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Salad looks colourful and healthy....

    A lovely surprise is waiting for you collect it from my blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have something waiting for u...pls check it out..http://priyaeasyntastyrecipes.blogspot.com/2008/11/360-foodie-award-n-yumyum-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. i have seen this in the german supermarkets and was wondering if they were methi leaves... Now I know what they are... i shall pick them up next time and try out ur recipe...Roochi

    ReplyDelete
  16. Heу I am so glad I found your wеbsitе, I really founԁ you by acсiԁent, ωhile I ωaѕ rеsеarching
    on Digg for something else, Nonetheleѕs I am heге noω and would just lіke to say thank
    yοu fοr a tremendous post and a
    all round enjoуable blog (І also love thе theme/design), I
    dοn’t have tіme to look οver it all
    at the mіnute but I have bookmarked it and also included уοur RSЅ
    feeds, so when I hаѵe time I will be bаck to гead а lot moгe, Please
    dο keеp up thе fantastiс jo.
    Feel free to surf my web page ; free Server

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your valuable time to go through my blog.
Your comments, feedback, suggestions are most valuable to me. It keeps me going.
If you have any queries please leave it here. I will try to answer it as soon as possible.

Sheermal

Sheermal or Shirmal is a saffron-flavored slightly sweet traditional leavened flatbread that is found in various countries on the Asian sub...