Friday, September 19, 2008

Power Cereal


Power Cereal is an excellent breakfast for children. It fills up their tummy and gives them all the energy they need for the whole day ahead.

Power Cereal

Ingredients :
Rolled Oats - 1 cup
Sesame Seeds - 1 tbsp
Cornflakes - 1/2 cup
Brown sugar - 1/4 cup
Chopped nuts - 1/2 cup
Vegetable Oil - 2 tbsp
Vanilla Essence - 1/4 tsp
Salt - a pinch
Raisins - 2 tbsp

Method :

Mix the oats, sesame seeds, cornflakes, brown sugar and chopped nuts in a bowl.

Mix the oil, 1/4 cup of water, vanilla essence and salt. And whip it with a spoon or fork. Add to the above mixed ingredients.

Spread the mixture in a baking tray and bake at 160° C (320°F) for about 20 to 30 min, turning occasionally, until crisp and golden. Cool.

Add the raisins and store in an air-tight container. Serve with milk and fruits.

This is a recipe I got from one of the books of Tarla Dalal and just changed it a little to suit our taste.

This is my entry to

WBB : "Grains in my breakfast". WBB is an event started by Nandita of Saffron Trail and is now guest hosted every month with a breakfast related theme. Hosted this month by Aparna of My Diverse Kitchen

And

To the event "JFI – Whole Grains" hosted by Suganya of Tasty Palettes . JFI - Jihva for Ingredients is an event initially started by Indira of Mahanandi .

1 comment:

  1. Home-made cereal always scores over store bought ones, any day. Kids would love this.
    Thanks for sending it in to WBB.
    Sorry I took so long to acknowledge this, but I made a mistake while typing my email id in the announcement and so never got your mail.:(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your valuable time to go through my blog.
Your comments, feedback, suggestions are most valuable to me. It keeps me going.
If you have any queries please leave it here. I will try to answer it as soon as possible.

Sheermal

Sheermal or Shirmal is a saffron-flavored slightly sweet traditional leavened flatbread that is found in various countries on the Asian sub...