Friday, September 18, 2009

Veggie Omlet


My son and daughter like these kind of Omlets. Rather than the normal ones with just the onion or without the onion.



This is a very versatile omlet you can just about twist the contents based on what you have with you.



I mostly prefer to use carrots, potatoes, zucchini.




Omlet


Ingredients
Veggies (Carrot, Potatoes, zucchini, etc.) - 1/4 cup
Onion (Big) - 1
Salt to taste
Black Pepper Powder to taste
All purpose flour - 2 tb.sp
Eggs - 2 to 3
Cheese - 2 tb.sp (optional , I have not added here)


Method
Peel and grate the veggies in a fine grater. Chop the onions finely. Put eveything together in a mixing bowl. Except the eggs. I like to use homemade Pepper powder than the store brought ones. Somehow I feel something is missing in the store brought ones. You can also use green chillies if you like it. Since I mostly make it for children I avoid using green chillies. Heat a skillet to medium heat. Smear it with oil. Now add the eggs with the mixture and beat lightly. Pour a ladle of this mix on the hot skillet and spread it out slightly. Let it cook, but be careful not to let it get overcooked. Turn to the other side and again let it cook.

Omlet_1

I comes out very spongy and is very filling. Serve hot with tomato sauce or as a sandwich between breads. It is good as evening snacks as well as for morning breakfast.

Rushing this to Divya of Dil Se's Show me your omlet event.

Note : Adding Cheese adds to the taste a lot, but a keep a check on the salt u add. Also instead of smearing the skillet with oil you can also use butter. This also adds to the taste.

24 comments:

  1. Nice way to include veg. Do we get zucchini in India?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy omlet...looks delicious..healthy....wanna try this, someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...yummy omelette.....adding all purpose flour is new to me...my aunt adds besan/gram flour in it...will try adding this next time....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feel like having this omelet rite now..yummm!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. சூப்பர் ஆம்லெட்!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omlet looks gorgeous and great idea of including the veggies,Very healthy too...i liked your recipe sure i will try and let u know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i make similar ones with shredded cabbage. it tastes good too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it is a wondereful idea to make omlette like this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice idea of grating,Lakshmi!I am gonna try this for my daughter..Like the smiley:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmm i like these too especially with cheese..yum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. delicious... and love the addition of all those vegetables :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another way to sneak veggie for kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Omelette looks flavorful and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks awesome..love to taste it now :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. awesome recipe... it is a great idea to add veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  16. sooperb dish..it came out very well..have a look at my blog too..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Come to my blog and get your prize!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A tasty omelette with a smile. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. First time here, great blog with excellent array of delicacies.

    ReplyDelete
  20. THis omlette is very motivaing, healthy and tasty omlette! first time here, nice collection of recipes here!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your valuable time to go through my blog.
Your comments, feedback, suggestions are most valuable to me. It keeps me going.
If you have any queries please leave it here. I will try to answer it as soon as possible.

Sheermal

Sheermal or Shirmal is a saffron-flavored slightly sweet traditional leavened flatbread that is found in various countries on the Asian sub...